Connect with us

2018 F1

Silverstone proposes new F1 deal for 2020

Published

on

  • 2
    Shares

Silverstone has stepped up its bid to remain on the F1 calendar.

Last year, amid growing losses, the circuit-owning British Racing Drivers’ Club (BRDC) triggered a break clause in its contract.

As it stands, the last British grand prix will take place at historic Silverstone in 2019.

But F1 business journalist Christian Sylt reveals that the BRDC has launched a proposal for a restructured deal with Liberty Media.

“The ticket sales would go to Liberty but we could provide all the management, all the organisation,” a senior member of the BRDC told the Mail on Sunday.

“In return, Liberty would pay us a reasonable amount to cover our overheads for the use of the track and job done.

“All logic says they are going to come to an agreement, but there is no great urgency for it as it’s a year before they set the (2020) calendar,” the source added.

Loading...

Comments

Latest F1 News

Latest F1 News

2019 F11 week ago

I’m not ready for Formula E – Hulkenberg

2SharesNico Hulkenberg says he is “not ready” to contemplate a switch to Formula E. It is strongly rumoured that if...

2019 F11 week ago

BREAKING: Albon to replace Gasly from Belgian GP

2SharesToro Rosso’s speedy Alexander Albon will replace Pierre Gasly at Red Bull from the next race in Belgium, the F1...

2019 F11 week ago

Alonso says it is not true liking Vettel

2SharesFernando Alonso says it is not true that he doesn’t like Sebastian Vettel. In Hungary, amid rumours the retired double...

2019 F12 weeks ago

F1 teams balk at expensive new regulations

2SharesF1 teams are pushing back on proposed new regulations — for reasons of cost. One idea that could be scrapped...

2019 F12 weeks ago

McLaren targets Sainz to beat Gasly in 2019

2SharesMcLaren is targeting a coveted sixth place in the 2019 drivers’ world championship with Carlos Sainz. With Mercedes, Ferrari and...

2019 F12 weeks ago

F1 broadcaster fails to show Sainz in Hungary

2SharesCarlos Sainz was “the invisible man” during the recent Hungarian GP. In fact, well-known Spanish journalist Antonio Lobato claims that...

2019 F12 weeks ago

Marko confirms Verstappen staying at Red Bull-Honda for F1 2020

2SharesRed Bull motorsport head Dr Helmut Marko has confirmed that Max Verstappen is definitely staying at Red Bull-Honda in 2020....

2019 F12 weeks ago

Me and Russel are eating two different dishes – Kubica

2SharesRobert Kubica is yet to benefit from what seems to have been a clear step forward for Williams and George...

2019 F12 weeks ago

I will not stop doing dangerous activities – Raikkonen

2SharesKimi Raikkonen says he will not stop doing dangerous activities just because he is in Formula 1. Well known for...

2019 F12 weeks ago

Two competitive cars ‘essential’ to Red Bull success – Horner

2Shares  Christian Horner says it is “essential” that Red Bull has two cars near the front of the F1 field....

Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media