Connect with us

2018 F1

Alonso exit shows F1 ‘sick’ – Perez

Published

on

  • 140
    Shares

Fernando Alonso’s plight shows that F1 is “sick”.

That is the claim of Force India driver Sergio Perez, referring to double world champion Alonso’s decision to retire from F1 and race instead at Le Mans and the Indy 500 next year.

“What happens now is not the formula one that made me want to be a racing driver,” Alonso is quoted by Speed Week.

“I quit F1 because I think we’re a weak show. We talk more about what happens next to the track. We talk about polemics and radio messages.

“I could write down the first 15 positions for the result of the next race, perhaps with a few changes of places. I find it hard to accept how predictable it has become.

“I suppose I find more pleasure in other racing series,” he said.

Indeed, the 37-year-old headed straight from Brazil to Shanghai, where this weekend he will continue his push to be world endurance champion with Toyota.

He said he landed in China “somewhat tired” but “super happy” to push for victory.

Like many, Perez thinks it’s “a pity” that F1 is losing Alonso.

“It shows how sick F1 is,” said the Mexican.

“We have one of the best drivers in the world, he loves racing to the last fibre in his body, and he tortures himself in the midfield weekend after weekend.

“If we put him in another car, he would fight for victory and be world champion again. That’s our formula one and we lose him. And we are all in this boat,” Perez added.

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F114 hours ago

Force India to launch 2019 car in Canada

140SharesForce India has become the second F1 team to announce a reveal date for its 2019 car. Ferrari boss Maurizio...

2018 F115 hours ago

“it was a difficult experience, but it made me stronger,”- Sirotkin

140SharesSergey Sirotkin says his aim is to return to formula one in 2020. The Russian has been replaced at Williams...

2018 F115 hours ago

McLaren success is ‘long term’ aim – Sainz

140SharesCarlos Sainz says McLaren is aiming for success only in the medium to long term. The Spaniard says he is...

2018 F115 hours ago

Silverstone proposes new F1 deal for 2020

140SharesSilverstone has stepped up its bid to remain on the F1 calendar. Last year, amid growing losses, the circuit-owning British...

2018 F12 days ago

Berger tips Mick Schumacher for Ferrari seat

140SharesF1 legend Gerhard Berger thinks Michael Schumacher’s son is on the road to a career at Ferrari. Currently, rumours are...

2018 F12 days ago

Vettel no fan of electric cars

140SharesSebastian Vettel says he is no fan of the trend towards electrically powered cars. The new Formula E season has...

2018 F12 days ago

Canada GP not in danger – promoter

140SharesThe future of the Canadian grand prix is not in danger. That is the view of Montreal race promoter Francois...

2018 F12 days ago

Team incidents hurt Ferrari in 2018 – boss

140SharesMaurizio Arrivabene thinks a series of incidents hurt Ferrari’s charge for the 2018 title. Some think the biggest problem with...

2018 F15 days ago

Ferrari to reveal 2019 car on February 15

140SharesFerrari will reveal its 2019 challenger on February 15, team boss Maurizio Arrivabene said on Thursday. The Italian attended an...

2018 F16 days ago

F1 teams worried about Brexit crisis

140SharesF1 teams admit they are worried about the Brexit crisis that is occurring in Britain. After British people voted in...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media