Connect with us

F1 top news

Hamilton close to new Mercedes deal, worth £40m-per-season

Published

on

Lewis Hamilton and his Mercedes F1 team boss Toto Wolff think they will soon put together a deal beyond 2018 for the four-time F1 world champion. Various news sources reported that, the Brit is ready to sign the most lucrative driver contract in F1 history with Silver Arrows, believed to earn up to £40m-per-year.

Lewis expecting to sign his new deal extension that will see him remain with the four-time consecutive constructor champions until the end of the 2020 season. While Hamilton was speaking questions about his performances off the track, his 2017 rival Sebastian Vettel was busy facing ones about Ferrari’s presentation on it, having managed to throw away the title last season when unreliability wrecked Vettel’s chance to fight Hamilton and clinch what would’ve been his fifth drivers’ championship.

Predictably Hamilton or Vettel will join Michael Schumacher and Juan Manuel Fangio as just the third five-time champion. Actually, there’s no need to imagine that, you can use www.bestbettingsites.uk/formula1/ to see the exact odds on Lewis Hamilton title or any sporting event, including all the F1 action.

“To stand here now is very special for all of us,” said Vettel at Ferrari’s launch of the SF-71H in Maranello. “The team are waiting for us to say how the car feels so we can’t wait to get on to the track and see how it performs and how it behaves.

“That is the answer we all want to get, and we will go from there. For sure there has been a lot of effort on the new car and the attention to detail is impressive.

“The real magic happens underneath but every little detail matters, every part can make a difference, and this year’s car is a big step from last year’s one.”

At the launch of Mercedes’ 2018 car, which boss Wolff said is an evolution of last year’s car, he predicted a new Hamilton deal would be decided in “weeks”.

“Toto knows there is no one better and I know there’s nowhere better, so we’re comfortable and committed to each other, hopefully we’ll have something done before the first race of the season.” Hamilton, said.

He said Wolff doesn’t have to worry that he might suddenly break off talks and look elsewhere for 2019.

“In the whole six years I have been here, I have not spoken to anyone else and that shows how committed I am,” said the Briton.

Where there is change is in how Hamilton runs his social media accounts. Earlier in the winter, Hamilton deleted his Twitter and Instagram content after a controversy broke about him saying his nephew should not wear a princess dress.

“I have been very open with my life for several years, but we’re in a strange time in the world where things are magnified a lot more than they were, I will continue to show the world what I am doing, but it is about being more strategic.” He added

All fighter will come to light when pre-season testing begins on Monday, with the season getting underway on the weekend of 23-25 March at the Australian Grand Prix.

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F154 mins ago

How can Lewis Hamilton win the fifth F1 title at the US Grand Prix

Mercedes speedy Lewis Hamilton took a big step near to sealing his fifth F1 world title after securing his Mercedes...

2018 F12 hours ago

Verstappen quiet over female-only series

Max Verstappen is keeping his mouth shut about the new female-only open wheeler category. When the ‘W Series’ concept was...

2018 F14 hours ago

The Grid: Starting line-up for 2018 US Grand Prix

Defending world champion, Lewis Hamilton secures the pole position at the U.S. Grand Prix with his nearest rival Sebastian Vettel...

2018 F15 hours ago

No Indycar season for McLaren, Alonso in 2019

McLaren has decided against entering a full-time team in the Indycar series for 2019. It coincides with related news that...

2018 F16 hours ago

Kubica not waiting long for Williams F1 decision

Robert Kubica has repeated his claim that he will not wait too long for Williams to make its decision about...

2018 F18 hours ago

Raikkonen move means ‘Sauber is now Ferrari’ – Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone has applauded Kimi Raikkonen’s move to Sauber. Raikkonen, 39, surprised the F1 world by signing up with the...

2018 F18 hours ago

Wolff may consider another Bottas team order

Toto Wolff has admitted Mercedes might consider imposing ‘team orders’ yet again this weekend in Austin. The world championship looks...

2018 F120 hours ago

Practice 3 Results: US Grand Prix

2018 US Grand Prix Practice 3 Results (FP3): Third free practice results and timings (FP3) for the eighteenth round of...

2018 F121 hours ago

Fernando Alonso slams wet tyre rules

Double-time F1 world champion, Fernando Alonso has hit out at F1’s wet tyre rules. So often in modern formula one,...

2018 F121 hours ago

Schumacher should not skip F2 – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg thinks Mick Schumacher should do a season of Formula 2 next year. Some believe the 19-year-old son of...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media