Connect with us

2018 F1

Azerbaijan says current F1 deal ‘unacceptable’

Published

on

The Azerbaijan government is not sure it will agree to a new race deal with F1 chiefs.

Baku hosted its first race on the historic city streets in 2016, with the contract having been negotiated with the now former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

Now, sports minister Azad Rahimov is planning to stage talks with Liberty Media after the 2018 race in April.

“Within three months after the grand prix, we must give an answer to the leadership of formula one about whether we will extend the contract for another five years until 2025,” he told Tass news agency.

“Everyone understands that the contract we have now is unacceptable. I think the new leadership of formula one understands that as well,” Rahimov added.

“We are talking about a number of commercial conditions, sponsorship rights and the price that we pay,” he continued.

“But I think both ourselves and the leadership of formula one have the desire to leave the race here.”

Loading...

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2019 F112 hours ago

Lauda wanted Mercedes to keep going – Wolff

An emotional Toto Wolff said in Monaco that Niki Lauda was enjoying Mercedes’ dominance in 2019. “The last time I...

2019 F113 hours ago

Binotto excuses Leclerc’s mistakes

Mattia Binotto has excused Charles Leclerc for making mistakes at the start of his career at Ferrari. While heralded by...

2019 F113 hours ago

Ferrari should soon switch focus to 2020 – Webber

Mark Webber thinks Ferrari should consider writing off the 2019 world championship after the next race in Canada. So far...

2019 F113 hours ago

Lauda funeral set for Wednesday

The public can attend Niki Lauda’s funeral next Wednesday. German-language reports say it will take place at the gothic St...

2019 F113 hours ago

Alonso-McLaren relationship not broken – Brown

Zak Brown insists McLaren’s relationship with Fernando Alonso is not broken. After almost winning the Indy 500 with the Andretti...

2019 F113 hours ago

Raikkonen dislikes modern Monaco layout

Kimi Raikkonen says Monaco has lost its magic of the past – for the drivers. This weekend, the Finn –...

2019 F113 hours ago

F1 heading for new engine formula in 2025

F1 looks set to scrap the ‘power unit’ regulations for 2025. Due to their complexity, expense, lack of noise and...

2019 F11 day ago

Perez admits Mexico GP heading for axe

Sergio Perez has admitted that his home race in Mexico looks set to drop off the 2020 calendar. Not yet...

2019 F11 day ago

Vettel denies 2019 Ferrari design is flawed

Sebastian Vettel has dismissed suggestions the basic design of Ferrari’s 2019 car is flawed. “If it us, then there are...

2019 F13 days ago

Alonso rejected move to ‘buy’ Indy 500 seat

Fernando Alonso rejected McLaren boss Zak Brown’s desire to “buy” a seat for the Spaniard in Sunday’s Indy 500. The...

Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media