Connect with us

Esteban Ocon reveals that he has been getting death threats on social media after his crashes with Force India teammate Sergio Perez in Azerbaijan and Belgian Grands Prix.

Canada was the first Grand Prix this season that saw the two Force India duo Perez and Ocon arguing over track position, then in Baku they collided heavily, effectively putting both cars out of contention

Belgium was probably the most controversial so far because they hit twice during that race. The duo made contact on the opening lap of the Belgian GP as they ran three-abreast with Renault’s Nico Hulkenberg, Perez squeezing his team-mate Ocon into the wall.

They then touched again to race-ruining effect on lap 30 with Perez suffering a right rear puncture and eventually being forced to retire, and Ocon being left with front-wing damage.

After the race, Ocon took to social media and accused Perez of twice trying to ‘kill’ him, having labelled the Mexican’s driving “unprofessional”

“I was expecting a bit of a tough welcome this week looking at all the Twitter messages I received, which was crazy – and all the death messages as well,” Ocon was quoted as saying by Autosport.

“But actually I had a very warm welcome from the beginning. Let’s see if it continues. I hope it will.”

When the source asked if he had taken the threats seriously, Ocon replied: “It was messages on social media. I don’t know if you take that seriously or not.”

The French man said he had received “many” such messages and that they had been repeated since his collision with Perez in Baku in June.

“I think the last one was yesterday,” he said. “But apart from Twitter, in the real world everyone welcomed me very well and they are pushing for the team as well, not only Checo [Perez].”

Asked if the messages had been unsettling, Ocon replied: “It’s never great to receive things like that. But it’s all fine at the moment so I hope it stays like that.”

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2019 F12 days ago

Ferrari F1 launch the SF90 for 2019 F1 season

The championship bidder Ferrari unveiled their 2019 F1 car, the SF90. In a launch event at the Ferrari HQ, the...

2019 F12 days ago

Formula E boss not ruling out F1 merger

Alejandro Agag, the boss of Formula E, is not ruling out a “long term” merger with formula one. Once dismissed...

2019 F12 days ago

F1 will not scrap Friday practice

F1 is not about to scrap Friday practice. That is the claim of Francois Dumontier, boss of the Canadian grand...

2019 F12 days ago

Alonso is de-facto reserve driver – Brown

Fernando Alonso might be regarded as a de-facto “reserve driver” at McLaren this year. That is the news from team...

2019 F12 days ago

Stroll aims to avoid war of words with Williams

Lance Stroll has hit back after his former boss accused him recently of arriving in F1 “too early”. Stroll, now...

2019 F12 days ago

Lack of partner team no problem for Renault – Prost

Alain Prost says Renault is not missing out by not having a ‘junior’ partner team. Red Bull and Toro Rosso...

2019 F12 days ago

New Alfa Romeo has revolutionary front wing

Sauber’s Alfa Romeo-branded new car for 2019 turned heads when it hit the Fiorano circuit for a shakedown on Thursday....

2019 F13 days ago

Kimi Raikkonen debuts 2019 Alfa Romeo Racing F1 car

Alfa Romeo Racing’s 2019 F1 car hits the track for the first time at Italy. These first images from Fiorano...

2019 F13 days ago

McLaren launches its 2019 F1 car MCL34

McLaren has launched its 2019 F1 car, the Renault-powered MCL34, at a launch event in team factory base at Woking....

2019 F13 days ago

He does not fear Daniel Ricciardo – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg says he does not fear Daniel Ricciardo. The pair’s Renault boss, Cyril Abiteboul, says 31-year-old Hulkenberg is “enormously...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media