Connect with us

F1 top news

Mercedes used Bottas as a ‘road block’ – Vettel

Published

on

Sebastian Vettel has accused Valtteri Bottas of deliberately holding him up during last weekend’s Malaysian grand prix.

Bottas and Mercedes have each denied that the Finnish driver is now clearly the ‘number 2’ to championship contender Lewis Hamilton.

But Ferrari star Vettel alleges that last Sunday at Sepang, as he made his way through the field from last, he was held up by a deliberately baulking Bottas.

“It was clear what Mercedes were doing,” the German is quoted by Krone newspaper.

“The used Bottas as a road block,” Vettel added.

However, it may well be that 28-year-old Bottas was simply struggling for pace.

After Sepang, and following a run of poor performance, the Finn admitted he is currently suffering “the most difficult time of my career so far”.

“If I keep doing races like this for long, that is not going to be a good thing for anyone,” he said.

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F17 hours ago

” Mick must be incredibly strong to do the same job “- Alain Prost

Alain Prost is expecting Mick Schumacher to step up to Formula 2 in 2019. This year, the son of Prost’s...

2018 F17 hours ago

Prost ‘not unhappy’ Red Bull deal ending

Alain Prost says he is not sad that Renault’s long collaboration with Red Bull is finally ending. The two parties...

2018 F17 hours ago

Ticktum, Albon in doubt for Toro Rosso seat

A new question mark hangs above the second Toro Rosso cockpit for 2019. Daniil Kvyat has been signed up already,...

2018 F18 hours ago

F1 boss Carey visits Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro has emerged as a potential future F1 race host. With Interlagos to be privatised and Liberty Media...

2018 F19 hours ago

Alonso not ruling out F1 return for 2020

Fernando Alonso is not ruling out a full-time return to formula one for 2019. Disenchanted with the category, the double...

2018 F19 hours ago

Hulkenberg aims to beat Ricciardo

The arrival of Daniel Ricciardo is an important piece of the puzzle as Renault pushes towards the front in F1,...

2018 F13 days ago

Alonso exit shows F1 ‘sick’ – Perez

Fernando Alonso’s plight shows that F1 is “sick”. That is the claim of Force India driver Sergio Perez, referring to...

2018 F13 days ago

Kubica has ‘made decision’ about 2019

Robert Kubica looks certain to secure the second race seat at Williams for 2019. At an event in northern Poland,...

2018 F13 days ago

Dutch GP preparations to take years

Belgian grand prix boss Andre Maes doubts the Netherlands can quickly put together an F1 project. After 35 years promoting...

2018 F13 days ago

Toto Wolff is offering a place for Seidl in Mercedes

Mercedes looks set to recruit a top official from Porsche’s highly successful Le Mans team. Porsche ended its highly successful...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media