Connect with us

F1 top news

I feel ready for F1 ‘comeback’ – Kubica

Published

on

Robert Kubica has admitted he is dreaming of a “comeback” in F1. The Pole made a stir with his low-profile Renault test last week, six years after almost severing his arm in a rally crash.

Kubica, now 32, insists it was not a publicity stunt.

“The approach by Renault was a nice surprise,” he is quoted by Italy’s Autosprint.

“They tried to keep it as secret as possible, as the test for them was not about putting me in the car and making a good story, even if it generated a lot of interest.”

Earlier, Kubica had almost completely ruled out returning to F1 due to permanent physical movement limitations, but he said the test showed him that he can drive a competitive full race distance.

As for that “comeback” word, the former BMW and Renault driver said: “It’s not for me to decide what the future holds.

“It’s nice to know that I can do what I did 6 years ago in spite of my limitations.

“I feel ready, I have worked so hard and I can say that I have never trained so hard and well even in the years I was racing.

“I am looking forward, I hope there is something else but it’s not for me to decide,” Kubica added.

He said the years since leaving F1 were “difficult”, but “Last year I said I wanted to go back to formula one”.

“I just did one test, but for me it’s an important goal and I feel I am starting a new path even if I don’t know where it will take me.

“But I do not hide that I would like to go down it, because I had good feelings. It doesn’t depend on me, but I do know I can give my best,” added Kubica.

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F18 hours ago

Berger tips Mick Schumacher for Ferrari seat

F1 legend Gerhard Berger thinks Michael Schumacher’s son is on the road to a career at Ferrari. Currently, rumours are...

2018 F18 hours ago

Vettel no fan of electric cars

Sebastian Vettel says he is no fan of the trend towards electrically powered cars. The new Formula E season has...

2018 F19 hours ago

Canada GP not in danger – promoter

The future of the Canadian grand prix is not in danger. That is the view of Montreal race promoter Francois...

2018 F19 hours ago

Team incidents hurt Ferrari in 2018 – boss

Maurizio Arrivabene thinks a series of incidents hurt Ferrari’s charge for the 2018 title. Some think the biggest problem with...

2018 F13 days ago

Ferrari to reveal 2019 car on February 15

Ferrari will reveal its 2019 challenger on February 15, team boss Maurizio Arrivabene said on Thursday. The Italian attended an...

2018 F14 days ago

F1 teams worried about Brexit crisis

F1 teams admit they are worried about the Brexit crisis that is occurring in Britain. After British people voted in...

2018 F14 days ago

‘I have mixed feelings’ about Kubica return – Vettel

Sebastian Vettel says he has “mixed feelings” about Robert Kubica’s return to formula one. Former grand prix winner Kubica, now...

2018 F14 days ago

Monza seeking EUR 100m for upgrade

Monza is looking for EUR 100 million to upgrade the Italian grand prix venue and secure a new grand prix...

2018 F15 days ago

Sirotkin to test DTM, Hartley to Porsche

Sergey Sirotkin could keep his motor racing career alive in the German touring car series DTM. SMP Racing, his Russian...

2018 F15 days ago

McLaren not ‘copying’ Red Bull car – Sainz

Carlos Sainz has played down claims McLaren is ‘copying’ Red Bull’s chassis concept for 2019. With Red Bull moving to...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media