Connect with us

F1 top news

F1 career ‘already over’ – Button

Published

on

Jenson Button has played down speculation he might be considering a full-time return to formula one.

The 2009 world champion retired at the end of 2017, but he signed a two-year deal for 2017 and 2018 to be McLaren’s reserve and ambassador.

So when Fernando Alonso headed to the Indy 500, Button duly returned and enjoyed filling in at Monaco.

Earlier in the Principality, the Briton hinted he might be tempted to make a full-time return. But when asked if the chequered flag on Sunday will mean his F1 career is now over, 37-year-old Button answered: “It already was last November!

“I think if any of you guys (reporters) were invited to drive in Monaco, you might agree as well,” he smiled.

So when asked if he might be tempted back for more one-off appearances, Button said: “Who knows, but I don’t have plans for that.

“As far as I know, the team has no plans to change the drivers it has either. So I’m definitely not going to be in formula one this year.”

Loading...

Comments

Latest Results

Latest F1 News

2019 F14 hours ago

Binotto no longer Ferrari technical boss

Mattia Binotto is no longer Ferrari’s technical director. With the ousting of Maurizio Arrivabene, Binotto was promoted from technical boss...

2019 F14 hours ago

Albers would return to F1 as team boss

Christijan Albers says he would accept an offer to return to Formula 1 as a team boss. The former Minardi...

2019 F14 hours ago

More trouble for 2021 Rio GP

It is not smooth sailing for the new Formula 1 track in Rio de Janeiro. Last month, we reported that...

2019 F14 hours ago

Title battle between me and Lewis – Bottas

Valtteri Bottas thinks he is in a head-to-head battle for the 2019 title with his Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton. After...

2019 F14 hours ago

No regrets about leaving Red Bull

Daniel Ricciardo says he has no regrets about leaving Red Bull. The Australian stunned the F1 world last year by...

2019 F14 hours ago

Vettel enduring difficult period – Prost

Sebastian Vettel is struggling through a “very difficult period”. That is the view of F1 legend Alain Prost, who today...

2019 F13 days ago

McLaren cannot win unless F1 changes – Seidl

Andreas Seidl says McLaren cannot return to title-winning form unless Formula 1 changes. The German, who arrives from Porsche’s Le...

2019 F13 days ago

Alonso says F1 still not attractive enough

Fernando Alonso has played down speculation that he is pushing for a return to Formula 1. The Spaniard, who quit...

2019 F14 days ago

Alfa Romeo confirms designer Resta’s exit

The path is clear for Simone Resta to return to Ferrari as chief designer. Alfa Romeo has now confirmed Resta’s...

2019 F14 days ago

Vettel should be Leclerc’s number 2 – Baldisserri

Ferrari should consider making Sebastian Vettel the ‘number 2’ driver behind Charles Leclerc. That is the view of former highly-experienced...

Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media