Connect with us

F1 top news

Button to replace Alonso for McLaren at Monaco GP

Published

on

Jenson Button will be back to Formula 1 next month when McLaren confirms he replaces Fernando Alonso for the Monaco Grand Prix.

The double world champion will instead travel to the US to race for Andretti Autosport in the Indy 500 where Alonso will drive a McLaren-branded, Honda-powered car.

According to the BBC, F1 veteran Button will replace the Spaniard in a one-off appearance for McLaren after apparently retiring last year.

Button tweeted a jokey reaction on Wednesday following the news of Alonso’s Indy 500 programme was announced, asking: “Why do I have so many missed calls?”

McLaren team boss Zak Brown said yesterday that a number of conversations had already been had about finding a replacement.

“Fernando’s replacement driver is not in place, those conversations are ongoing. Brown said.

“We have a few different options and we will state who that is when we know.”

Loading...

Comments

Latest F1 News

Latest F1 News

2019 F13 weeks ago

Vettel ‘has no future at Ferrari anymore’ – Red Bull boss

Sebastian Vettel has “no future at Ferrari”, according to his former boss Dr Helmut Marko. Despite having arguably the fastest...

2019 F13 weeks ago

Leclerc girlfriend reveals Ferrari’s F1 star ended relationship with her

Charles Leclerc’s former girlfriend has revealed that the Ferrari driver “left me” in order to focus on his Formula 1...

2019 F13 weeks ago

Hamilton seizing advantage of Vettel DNF to seal Russian GP

Championship leader Lewis Hamilton took the advantages with the Russian Grand Prix victory after race leader Sebastian Vettel’s retirement. During...

2019 F13 weeks ago

McLaren split with Renault for Mercedes in 2021 F1

McLaren split with engine supplier Renault over a disagreement about Formula 1 strategy, according to Cyril Abiteboul. “It was apparent...

2019 F13 weeks ago

The manager says secrecy around Schumacher’s health is “difficult” to understand

News of the Seven time F1 world champion, Michael Schumacher being “out of a coma” went viral on June 2014,...

2019 F13 weeks ago

Mercedes no favourite at remaining races in 2019 – Hamilton

Mercedes will no longer be the favourite at any of the remaining races in 2019, according to Lewis Hamilton. Despite...

2019 F13 weeks ago

Renault F1 criticises FIA over penalty

Cyril Abiteboul has accused the FIA of being inconsistent about how it hands out penalties for sporting and technical infractions....

2019 F13 weeks ago

Ferrari ‘hungrier than Mercedes’ – Hamilton

Championship leader Lewis Hamilton criticised Mercedes after the Singapore GP. The Briton was not even on the podium on Sunday,...

2019 F13 weeks ago

Hamilton warns he could lose 2019 F1 title

Lewis Hamilton has warned Mercedes that he risks not winning the 2019 world championship. The Briton’s championship lead is actually...

2019 F11 month ago

Charles Leclerc is Ferrari’s “No: 1 driver” – JJ Lehto

Charles Leclerc is now Ferrari’s “number 1 driver”. That is the view of JJ Lehto, who was once the supporting...

Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media