Connect with us

Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone clarifies Singapore GP comments

Published

on

Ecclestone clarifies Singapore GP comments

Ecclestone clarifies Singapore GP comments

Bernie Ecclestone on Monday said he is working to keep F1 in Singapore.

Earlier, the F1 supremo had been quoted by a German magazine as revealing that because the city-state had reached its objections with the spectacular night race, it no longer wanted to be on the calendar.

But Ecclestone told the Straits Times: “Everybody is happy to be in Singapore and (we) don’t want to lose Singapore.”

As for the controversial quote with Auto Motor und Sport, the 86-year-old Briton said: “My words were taken in a funny way. What I said was simple — no decision has been taken yet.

“Negotiations are ongoing and will be sorted out shortly — before the end of the year, I’m sure. We want to extend long-term. We’ll see what happens.”

Advertisement
ThisisF1.com does not accept abusive behavior or harassing language in comments.
Please respect other users.
Click to comment

2018 F1 Launch







Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment. All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media