Connect with us

2017 F1

Kubica could make F1 return in 2017

Published

on

Kubica tested in Renault F1 simulator

Robert Kubica recently tested in Renault’s F1 simulator, team boss Frederic Vasseur has admitted.

The highly rated Pole Kubica, now 31, has been out of formula one since almost severing his arm in an early 2011 rallying crash.

He has raced in the world rally championship, and last weekend he finished on the podium as he made his return to circuit racing in the Renault Sport Trophy at Spa.

Kubica clearly still has a strong relationship with Renault — his last team in F1.

When asked about Kubica’s strong result at Spa, Vasseur said: “It is no secret that Robert has spent time in the simulator at Enstone.

“I have a good relationship with him. It was interesting for me to put him in the simulator to get his feelings, as he has great experience in this world, and much of it in our cars,” he added.

Kubica could make F1 return

In the early of this season, a respected F1 correspondent says Robert Kubica could get involved in Pirelli’s preparations for the new tyre rules for 2017.

The sport’s official supplier has already started work with a 2014 Ferrari driven by Jean-Eric Vergne at Fiorano.

Writing in the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat, Luis Vasconcelos reports that an invitation to drive “at least for one day” might now go out to Kubica.

Pole Kubica, now 31, rebuilt his motor racing career in rallying in the wake of his serious arm injury in 2011, and has admitted to missing formula one.

Successful circuit race debut in the Renault Sport Trophy

Kubica scores podium finish on Renault Sport Trophy debut at Spa

Kubica scores podium finish on Renault Sport Trophy debut at Spa

BMW and Renault Formula 1 driver Kubica announced last week that he would be entering the race weekend at Spa after accepting an invitation from the French manufacturer.

Kubica enjoyed a successful debut in the Renault Sport Trophy at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps on Saturday, finishing third alongside Christophe Hamon.

Former BMW and Renault Formula 1 driver Kubica announced last week that he would be entering the race weekend at Spa after accepting an invitation from the French manufacturer.

Kubica’s left arm was almost severed in his 2011 crash while driving a rally car. Following his recuperation he won the 2013 WRC-2 championship and competed in the WRC. However he left the championship at the beginning of the year due to a lack of funds after crashing out of the Monte Carlo rally.

Loading...

Comments

Latest F1 News

Latest F1 News

2019 F11 month ago

Hamilton and Mercedes clearly coming under pressure – J Verstappen

Max Verstappen’s father thinks the on-form Red Bull driver has rattled reigning five time world champion and 2019 championship leader...

2019 F11 month ago

20hp engine boost for Ferrari after summer break

Toto Wolff is forecasting a “very strong” performance by Ferrari after the summer break. Marca sports newspaper reports that the...

2019 F11 month ago

I’m not ready for Formula E – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg says he is “not ready” to contemplate a switch to Formula E. It is strongly rumoured that if...

2019 F11 month ago

BREAKING: Albon to replace Gasly from Belgian GP

Toro Rosso’s speedy Alexander Albon will replace Pierre Gasly at Red Bull from the next race in Belgium, the F1...

2019 F11 month ago

Alonso says it is not true liking Vettel

Fernando Alonso says it is not true that he doesn’t like Sebastian Vettel. In Hungary, amid rumours the retired double...

2019 F11 month ago

F1 teams balk at expensive new regulations

F1 teams are pushing back on proposed new regulations — for reasons of cost. One idea that could be scrapped...

2019 F11 month ago

McLaren targets Sainz to beat Gasly in 2019

McLaren is targeting a coveted sixth place in the 2019 drivers’ world championship with Carlos Sainz. With Mercedes, Ferrari and...

2019 F11 month ago

F1 broadcaster fails to show Sainz in Hungary

Carlos Sainz was “the invisible man” during the recent Hungarian GP. In fact, well-known Spanish journalist Antonio Lobato claims that...

2019 F11 month ago

Marko confirms Verstappen staying at Red Bull-Honda for F1 2020

Red Bull motorsport head Dr Helmut Marko has confirmed that Max Verstappen is definitely staying at Red Bull-Honda in 2020....

2019 F11 month ago

Me and Russel are eating two different dishes – Kubica

Robert Kubica is yet to benefit from what seems to have been a clear step forward for Williams and George...

Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media