Connect with us

F1 top news

Monza to keep F1 Italian GP until 2020

Published

on

Monza to keep F1 Italian GP until 2020

Monza to keep F1 Italian GP until 2020

A €88 million deal to continue to hold the race at Monza for the next four years has been all but wrapped up.

Italian Grand Prix looks set to remain in Lombardy, as officials look to be have come to an agreement regarding the destination of the race for the next four years.

A four-year contract worth €88 million is on the table, which will see €22m paid for every edition of the race between 2017 and 2020.

There were rumours of a plan to take the GP to Imola, with F1 patron Uberto Selvatico Estense pushing for the race’s return to Tar del Lazio, but it seems this has not materialised.

Last week Imola has filed legal action as it steps up its bid to host the Italian grand prix from 2017.

Recent reports claimed Bernie Ecclestone had inked a deal with the former San Marino GP venue, but the contract could not be signed off because it lacked the endorsement and backing of the Italian automobile club Aci.

2016 Italian Grand Prix will take place on September 4 in Monza, where it will continue to remain until at least 2020.

Main Part of News Adapted from La Gazzetta dello Sport

Loading...

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2019 F12 hours ago

Alonso rejected move to ‘buy’ Indy 500 seat

Fernando Alonso rejected McLaren boss Zak Brown’s desire to “buy” a seat for the Spaniard in Sunday’s Indy 500. The...

2019 F12 hours ago

Dutch GP to be definite sell-out

The Dutch GP next year will definitely be a sell-out. That is not just a guess based on Max Verstappen’s...

2019 F12 hours ago

Clear that Lauda would die – Doctor

Niki Lauda’s surgeon says it has been “clear for some time” that the F1 legend would not recover. Lauda, who...

2019 F121 hours ago

Tilke involved in Rio’s F1 project for 2021

Hermann Tilke, the renowned F1 circuit architect, is in charge of the layout for the new project in Rio de...

2019 F121 hours ago

Zandvoort’s return to Formula 1 is great for the sport- Jean Todt

Jean Todt says Zandvoort’s return to Formula 1 next year is “great” for the sport. The Netherlands’ beachside circuit last...

2019 F11 day ago

F1 legend Niki Lauda dies

Formula One legend Niki Lauda has died. On Monday, we reported that Mercedes’ 70-year-old team chairman had left rehabilitation after...

2019 F12 days ago

Another health setback for Lauda

Niki Lauda’s push to return to good health and the F1 paddock has suffered yet another setback. Osterreich newspaper reports...

2019 F12 days ago

Steiner predicts compromise rules for 2021

Two F1 experts are worried the sport is about to mess up the big opportunity of the new Concorde Agreement...

2019 F12 days ago

Mercedes more superior than ever – Marko

Mercedes has never been more dominant in F1. That is the view of Red Bull team official Dr Helmut Marko,...

2019 F12 days ago

Kubica admits he wants better results

Robert Kubica insists he does not regret returning to Formula 1. That is despite the fact that, just five races...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media