Connect with us

Bahrain GP

McLaren confirms Alonso Bahrain GP drive talks ‘ongoing’

Published

on

McLaren confirms Alonso Bahrain GP

McLaren confirms Alonso Bahrain GP

McLaren has confirmed talks with the FIA about getting injured Fernando Alonso back into his McLaren-Honda are “ongoing” in Bahrain.

We reported earlier that, after Stoffel Vandoorne filled in for the Spaniard in Friday practice, McLaren supremo Ron Dennis met with FIA doctor Jean-Charles Piette in a bid to get Alonso back to work for Saturday and beyond.

Alonso, 34, has been sidelined following a partially-collapsed lung and with rib fractures, but according to Spanish reports Dennis is unhappy about the process by which the FIA arrived at the decision to sideline the driver.

When asked about Dennis’ talks with FIA officials, a McLaren spokesman told us early on Saturday: “Dialogue between McLaren and the FIA is ongoing and to be expected.

“It remains our, the FIA’s and indeed Fernando’s intention to prioritise his health and wellbeing whilst optimising his chances of returning to the cockpit as soon as possible,” he added.

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F13 hours ago

I can still become world champion with my own power – Vettel

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the highly influential Italian sports daily, Sebastian Vettel said “Ciao Mondiali” to his hopes...

2018 F11 day ago

Vettel misses Schumacher amid 2018 F1 struggle

Sebastian Vettel thinks he would benefit from the advice of his old friend and mentor Michael Schumacher. One analysis of...

2018 F12 days ago

Verstappen says Red Bull never considered deal with Alonso

Max Verstappen says Red Bull never considered signing up Fernando Alonso for 2019. That is despite the fact that, recently,...

2018 F12 days ago

Honda poised to overtake Renault for power

Honda could be poised to overtake Renault and cease having the least powerful engine in F1. Auto Motor und Sport...

2018 F14 days ago

Pascal Wehrlein on pole for 2019 Toro Rosso race seat

Pascal Wehrlein has emerged as a top candidate to return to F1 next year. Just days ago, Mercedes admitted that...

2018 F14 days ago

I’ll be with Force India until the end of 2018 – Ocon

Esteban Ocon says he should keep his Force India cockpit for the rest of the 2018 season. Earlier, there was...

2018 F14 days ago

FIA clears legality of Ferrari’s camera-blocking ‘fan’

F1’s governing body has cleared Ferrari to keep using a controversial airbox fan. In the Singapore pits, the Italian team...

2018 F15 days ago

Ricciardo is worth top dollar – Alain Prost

Paying the big bucks for Daniel Ricciardo is an expense that Renault can fully justify. That is the view of...

2018 F15 days ago

Vettel feeling pressure of 2018 F1 title battle – Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel often struggles with pressure. That is the view of Adrian Newey, Red Bull’s famous technical boss who penned...

2018 F15 days ago

Red Bull excluding Ricciardo from meetings

Daniel Ricciardo is set to be given the cold shoulder by Red Bull. The Australian is moving from the energy...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media