Connect with us

2016 F1

Red Bull secures 2016 F1 engine deal

Published

on

Red Bull secures 2016 F1 engine deal

Red Bull secures 2016 F1 engine deal

Christian Horner on Friday announced that Red Bull finally has an engine deal in place for 2016.

He did not confirm speculation the former world champions are simply staying with Renault, but driver Daniel Ricciardo said on Thursday that “Pretty much everyone (else) has turned us down”.

Red Bull had said the arrival of an independent engine supplier with new parallel regulations was a condition of staying in F1 beyond this weekend, but those plans were put on the back-burner by the F1 Commission last week.

“The (existing) manufacturers have until January 15 to tackle the current problems” with the controversial power unit rules, team boss Horner was quoted as saying in Abu Dhabi.

“If it doesn’t happen, I believe the independent engine will be back in play. So we are eagerly waiting to see what happens on January 15,” he added.

Until then, Red Bull appears destined to stay with Renault, perhaps with blank engine branding next year and the involvement of Mario Illien.

“Next year will be a transition year,” Horner confirmed. “We have an agreement on the use of an engine for next year. The announcement will hopefully take place in the coming days.

“Ironically, the path of development will be one that we wanted to have 12 months ago,” he added.

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F12 days ago

McLaren confirms Sainz to replace Alonso in 2019 F1

McLaren Racing today confirms that Carlos Sainz will race for the team in Formula 1 from the 2019 FIA Formula...

2018 F14 days ago

Alonso will not race F1 in 2019

Marking 14th August as a day he would make an announcement on twitter, Fernando Alonso announced that he won’t be...

2018 F16 days ago

Ricciardo is not happy with Verstappen, It’s a risk – Massa

Felipe Massa says he can understand why Daniel Ricciardo decided to quit Red Bull. Ricciardo, one of F1’s top drivers,...

2018 F17 days ago

Stroll leads Force India rescue deal

Force India has been rescued by a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll, the billionaire father of Williams driver Lance Stroll....

2018 F11 week ago

Giovinazzi targeting 2019 Sauber race seat

Antonio Giovinazzi admits he has an eye on a Sauber seat for 2019. Ferrari’s other protege, Charles Leclerc, is linked...

2018 F11 week ago

Stroll should leave Williams now – Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve thinks Canadian countryman Lance Stroll should leave Williams immediately. Stroll’s billionaire father Lawrence is leading the consortium that...

2018 F12 weeks ago

Alonso could leave F1 for 2019 Indycar – McLaren boss

Zak Brown has admitted it is possible Fernando Alonso will leave McLaren and F1 for the Indycar series in 2019....

2018 F12 weeks ago

World to leave Michael Schumacher ‘in peace’ – Todt

Jean Todt has called for the world to leave F1 legend Michael Schumacher “in peace”. The condition of the seven...

2018 F12 weeks ago

Niki Lauda on road to recovery after lung transplant and coma

Niki Lauda looks to be on the road to recovery. The F1 world was in shock last week when it...

2018 F12 weeks ago

Villeneuve plays down ‘Hamilton-Jesus Christ’ comparison

Jacques Villeneuve has played down quotes that suggested he thinks Lewis Hamilton behaves like Jesus Christ. The quotes spread like...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media