Connect with us

2015 F1

The latest update on Carlos Sainz from Toro Rosso

Published

on


The latest update on Carlos Sainz from Toro Rosso

The latest update on Carlos Sainz from Toro Rosso

Toro Rosso had published good news about the condition of the Toro Rosso driver following a big crash at Sochi in Saturday practice.

‘After arriving at the Sochi Hospital 4, Carlos Sainz, who never lost consciousness, underwent a medical examination, including a full body scan. The scan showed that the driver has no injuries.

‘However, he will be staying in the hospital overnight as a precautionary measure, which is the normal procedure in these circumstances.’

The third practice session was stopped during nervous moments in the final session before qualifying for the Russian grand prix, when images showed that the 21-year-old’s car was buried deep under tec-pro barriers.

The Spaniard, however, gave the thumbs-up as he was put into an ambulance lying on a full-body brace and stretcher. It emerged later that he had been airlifted to hospital.

The GP3 race was also cancelled after the arm-co barrier behind the scattered tec-pro was shown to have been destroyed in the high-speed impact.

Sainz’s manager Borja Ortiz-Echague said: “Carlos is conscious, breathing without difficulty and calm.”

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F116 hours ago

Formula 1 eyes adding ‘Q4’ to qualifying

Liberty Media could be looking at adding another segment to the current ‘knockout’-style qualifying format. Auto Motor und Sport reports...

2018 F116 hours ago

McLaren, Alonso ‘interested’ in Indycar – boss

Indycar looks set to secure three big names from the world of formula one. One is the famous team McLaren,...

2018 F11 day ago

Schumacher happy with Ferrari interest

Mick Schumacher says he is happy with Ferrari’s interest in his flourishing formative career. After a moderate start, the 19-year-old’s...

2018 F12 days ago

Giovinazzi tipped to replace Ericsson at Sauber F1

Sauber boss Frederic Vasseur has denied that taking on Kimi Raikkonen for 2019 is part of the Swiss team’s deal...

2018 F12 days ago

Leclerc could beat Vettel at Ferrari – Marciello

Charles Leclerc could emerge as Ferrari’s number 1 driver as quickly as 2019. That is the view of racing driver...

2018 F14 days ago

I can still become world champion with my own power – Vettel

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the highly influential Italian sports daily, Sebastian Vettel said “Ciao Mondiali” to his hopes...

2018 F15 days ago

Vettel misses Schumacher amid 2018 F1 struggle

Sebastian Vettel thinks he would benefit from the advice of his old friend and mentor Michael Schumacher. One analysis of...

2018 F16 days ago

Verstappen says Red Bull never considered deal with Alonso

Max Verstappen says Red Bull never considered signing up Fernando Alonso for 2019. That is despite the fact that, recently,...

2018 F16 days ago

Honda poised to overtake Renault for power

Honda could be poised to overtake Renault and cease having the least powerful engine in F1. Auto Motor und Sport...

2018 F11 week ago

Pascal Wehrlein on pole for 2019 Toro Rosso race seat

Pascal Wehrlein has emerged as a top candidate to return to F1 next year. Just days ago, Mercedes admitted that...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media