Connect with us

F1 top news

Nasr says Ferrari upgrade includes ‘more power’

Published

on

Nasr says Ferrari upgrade includes 'more power'
Sauber will finally get its hands on Ferrari’s updated engine this weekend in Belgium.

Already improved going into the 2015 season, Ferrari has continued to make progress with its ‘power unit’ this year.

But customer Sauber has waited for the upgrade, which will finally be fitted to the C34 at Spa-Francorchamps.

“We do have our engine update there,” Felipe Nasr confirmed, “but, as we haven’t run it yet, we don’t know what it is going to be like.”

The Brazilian told Globo Esporte: “We will use the latest version that they (Ferrari) debuted in Canada. It is some horse power more,” he added.

Engine aside, however, the Swiss team has been conspicuous in its lack of car updates so far this season.

And rookie Nasr, who is staying with Sauber for 2016, says the Hinwil outfit is also on the back foot due to not having a driver simulator to use.

“We are aware of our disadvantage, and that’s why we’re trying to think of an alternative for next year,” he said.

“There is a lot you can do on the simulator, so without one it takes us a little longer to learn a new track.

“We do alternative things like watching videos, but a simulator is the best way. And now that we have these new rules in Spa for the clutch, that is another thing that we could have tried in the simulator,” added Nasr. (GMM)

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2019 F113 hours ago

Ferrari F1 launch the SF90 for 2019 F1 season

The championship bidder Ferrari unveiled their 2019 F1 car, the SF90. In a launch event at the Ferrari HQ, the...

2019 F117 hours ago

Formula E boss not ruling out F1 merger

Alejandro Agag, the boss of Formula E, is not ruling out a “long term” merger with formula one. Once dismissed...

2019 F118 hours ago

F1 will not scrap Friday practice

F1 is not about to scrap Friday practice. That is the claim of Francois Dumontier, boss of the Canadian grand...

2019 F118 hours ago

Alonso is de-facto reserve driver – Brown

Fernando Alonso might be regarded as a de-facto “reserve driver” at McLaren this year. That is the news from team...

2019 F118 hours ago

Stroll aims to avoid war of words with Williams

Lance Stroll has hit back after his former boss accused him recently of arriving in F1 “too early”. Stroll, now...

2019 F118 hours ago

Lack of partner team no problem for Renault – Prost

Alain Prost says Renault is not missing out by not having a ‘junior’ partner team. Red Bull and Toro Rosso...

2019 F118 hours ago

New Alfa Romeo has revolutionary front wing

Sauber’s Alfa Romeo-branded new car for 2019 turned heads when it hit the Fiorano circuit for a shakedown on Thursday....

2019 F11 day ago

Kimi Raikkonen debuts 2019 Alfa Romeo Racing F1 car

Alfa Romeo Racing’s 2019 F1 car hits the track for the first time at Italy. These first images from Fiorano...

2019 F11 day ago

McLaren launches its 2019 F1 car MCL34

McLaren has launched its 2019 F1 car, the Renault-powered MCL34, at a launch event in team factory base at Woking....

2019 F12 days ago

He does not fear Daniel Ricciardo – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg says he does not fear Daniel Ricciardo. The pair’s Renault boss, Cyril Abiteboul, says 31-year-old Hulkenberg is “enormously...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media