Connect with us

F1 2015 Barcelona Testing

Day 4 Barcelona test crash – Alonso is “conscious” and “speaking” – McLaren

Published

on

1424607964
Fernando Alonso was “conscious” as he was airlifted to hospital on Sunday after a crash on the final day of the Barcelona test.

The Spaniard was initially taken to the circuit medical centre by ambulance, after his McLaren hit the unprotected concrete wall at turn four.

The Circuit de Catalunya said Alonso is “ok and conscious”; a brief message reiterated by his manager, Luis Garcia Abad.

“It seems that he is ok,” circuit officials added, explaining that the trip to hospital is to “continue with medical tests”.

After a delay, McLaren said only that the 33-year-old is “conscious” and “speaking”.

Auto Motor und Sport said Sebastian Vettel was following Alonso at the time of the crash.

“The speed was slow — maybe 150kph. Then he turned right into the wall. It looked strange,” said the German.

It is understood that a car carrying members of the Ferrari team, for whom Alonso raced between 2010 and last year, left the track to check on its former driver.

Earlier, new Ferrari chief Maurizio Arrivabene said the fabled Italian marque does not blame Alonso for the chaos of 2014.

“It was the overall situation,” he insisted. “When people are under pressure they are going to be divided. Accusing Fernando is not my intention.

“I have a lot of respect for Fernando. We have a good relationship,” he added. (GMM)

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2019 F11 day ago

Ferrari F1 launch the SF90 for 2019 F1 season

The championship bidder Ferrari unveiled their 2019 F1 car, the SF90. In a launch event at the Ferrari HQ, the...

2019 F11 day ago

Formula E boss not ruling out F1 merger

Alejandro Agag, the boss of Formula E, is not ruling out a “long term” merger with formula one. Once dismissed...

2019 F11 day ago

F1 will not scrap Friday practice

F1 is not about to scrap Friday practice. That is the claim of Francois Dumontier, boss of the Canadian grand...

2019 F11 day ago

Alonso is de-facto reserve driver – Brown

Fernando Alonso might be regarded as a de-facto “reserve driver” at McLaren this year. That is the news from team...

2019 F11 day ago

Stroll aims to avoid war of words with Williams

Lance Stroll has hit back after his former boss accused him recently of arriving in F1 “too early”. Stroll, now...

2019 F11 day ago

Lack of partner team no problem for Renault – Prost

Alain Prost says Renault is not missing out by not having a ‘junior’ partner team. Red Bull and Toro Rosso...

2019 F11 day ago

New Alfa Romeo has revolutionary front wing

Sauber’s Alfa Romeo-branded new car for 2019 turned heads when it hit the Fiorano circuit for a shakedown on Thursday....

2019 F12 days ago

Kimi Raikkonen debuts 2019 Alfa Romeo Racing F1 car

Alfa Romeo Racing’s 2019 F1 car hits the track for the first time at Italy. These first images from Fiorano...

2019 F12 days ago

McLaren launches its 2019 F1 car MCL34

McLaren has launched its 2019 F1 car, the Renault-powered MCL34, at a launch event in team factory base at Woking....

2019 F12 days ago

He does not fear Daniel Ricciardo – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg says he does not fear Daniel Ricciardo. The pair’s Renault boss, Cyril Abiteboul, says 31-year-old Hulkenberg is “enormously...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media