Connect with us

F1 top news

Force India announces F1 2015 test role for Mercedes’ Wehrlein

Published

on

Pascal Wehrlein Force India
Pascal Wehrlein’s forthcoming Force India test duties were made official on Wednesday.

We reported earlier that the Mercedes reserve will drive for the German carmaker’s engine customer Force India during the four-day Barcelona test.

Indeed, Mercedes and Force India announced separately on Wednesday that the 20-year-old German will be at the wheel of the 2014-specification car over two full days — Thursday and Saturday.

“The test will provide an opportunity for Pascal to further his formula one experience following an impressive debut appearance with Mercedes at the season-ending Abu Dhabi test in 2014,” said Mercedes.

And the media statement said Barcelona is just the “beginning of Pascal’s association with Force India, with participation in the two in-season tests scheduled for 2015 to follow”.

“This is an important year for Pascal with his primary programme in the DTM,” said Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff, “and also these tests to build his F1 experience.”

Force India, meanwhile, confirmed reports that despite focusing on Pirelli tyre testing with its 2014 car in Barcelona, race drivers Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez will also be in action this week.

“Given the team’s current build schedule, the (2015-spec) VJM08 is now expected to make its debut at the second Barcelona test scheduled to begin on 26 February,” the Silverstone based team added. (GMM)

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2019 F113 hours ago

Ferrari F1 launch the SF90 for 2019 F1 season

The championship bidder Ferrari unveiled their 2019 F1 car, the SF90. In a launch event at the Ferrari HQ, the...

2019 F118 hours ago

Formula E boss not ruling out F1 merger

Alejandro Agag, the boss of Formula E, is not ruling out a “long term” merger with formula one. Once dismissed...

2019 F118 hours ago

F1 will not scrap Friday practice

F1 is not about to scrap Friday practice. That is the claim of Francois Dumontier, boss of the Canadian grand...

2019 F118 hours ago

Alonso is de-facto reserve driver – Brown

Fernando Alonso might be regarded as a de-facto “reserve driver” at McLaren this year. That is the news from team...

2019 F118 hours ago

Stroll aims to avoid war of words with Williams

Lance Stroll has hit back after his former boss accused him recently of arriving in F1 “too early”. Stroll, now...

2019 F119 hours ago

Lack of partner team no problem for Renault – Prost

Alain Prost says Renault is not missing out by not having a ‘junior’ partner team. Red Bull and Toro Rosso...

2019 F119 hours ago

New Alfa Romeo has revolutionary front wing

Sauber’s Alfa Romeo-branded new car for 2019 turned heads when it hit the Fiorano circuit for a shakedown on Thursday....

2019 F11 day ago

Kimi Raikkonen debuts 2019 Alfa Romeo Racing F1 car

Alfa Romeo Racing’s 2019 F1 car hits the track for the first time at Italy. These first images from Fiorano...

2019 F11 day ago

McLaren launches its 2019 F1 car MCL34

McLaren has launched its 2019 F1 car, the Renault-powered MCL34, at a launch event in team factory base at Woking....

2019 F12 days ago

He does not fear Daniel Ricciardo – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg says he does not fear Daniel Ricciardo. The pair’s Renault boss, Cyril Abiteboul, says 31-year-old Hulkenberg is “enormously...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media