Connect with us

F1 top news

Ferrari takes ‘big step’ for 2015 F1 – Sauber

Published

on

Formula One World Championship
Monisha Kaltenborn has joined those who are impressed with the progress made by beleaguered great Ferrari over the winter.

Like the Maranello based works team, the Swiss outfit Sauber has made an obvious step forward ahead of the 2015 season.

The common element is Ferrari’s improved V6 ‘power unit’ package.

“From the data we have here,” Sauber team boss and co-owner Kaltenborn told the Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell at Jerez, “we assume that Ferrari has made a big step forward.

“How much progress there is relevant to the competition, I cannot say right now,” she admitted.

Kaltenborn also insisted, however, that Sauber itself – completely pointless in the 2014 season – can take much of the credit for the strong showing so far of its new blue and yellow C34 car.

“It was important for us to take a different approach,” she said. “The fact that we dare to take a risk and go a different way.

“We must take a clear step forward,” Kaltenborn added. “It cannot be that we stay where we ended up last year. We belong somewhere else because we can build better cars than that.” (GMM)

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F11 hour ago

Red Bull drivers expect Honda progress in 2019

Red Bull’s 2019 drivers do not expect Honda to have a field-beating engine at the beginning of next season. Pierre...

2018 F11 hour ago

Renault CEO arrested in Japan

Carlos Ghosn, the top executive of the Renault F1 team’s parent car manufacturer, has been arrested in Japan. State prosecutors...

2018 F11 hour ago

Friends know nothing of Schumacher condition

Even Mick Schumacher’s closest racing friends know nothing about the condition of the 19-year-old F3 champion’s famous father. The entire...

2018 F12 hours ago

Williams set to announce Kubica on Thursday

Williams looks set to announce Robert Kubica as its second driver for 2019 this weekend in Abu Dhabi. Journalist Cezary...

2018 F123 hours ago

” Mick must be incredibly strong to do the same job “- Alain Prost

Alain Prost is expecting Mick Schumacher to step up to Formula 2 in 2019. This year, the son of Prost’s...

2018 F123 hours ago

Prost ‘not unhappy’ Red Bull deal ending

Alain Prost says he is not sad that Renault’s long collaboration with Red Bull is finally ending. The two parties...

2018 F124 hours ago

Ticktum, Albon in doubt for Toro Rosso seat

A new question mark hangs above the second Toro Rosso cockpit for 2019. Daniil Kvyat has been signed up already,...

2018 F11 day ago

F1 boss Carey visits Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro has emerged as a potential future F1 race host. With Interlagos to be privatised and Liberty Media...

2018 F11 day ago

Alonso not ruling out F1 return for 2020

Fernando Alonso is not ruling out a full-time return to formula one for 2019. Disenchanted with the category, the double...

2018 F11 day ago

Hulkenberg aims to beat Ricciardo

The arrival of Daniel Ricciardo is an important piece of the puzzle as Renault pushes towards the front in F1,...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media