Connect with us

F1 top news

New law threatens Monza’s F1 future

Published

on

Italian-GP-themed-Formula-1-track-edge
The future of the historic grand prix at fabled Monza has taken a blow this week, according to reports in the Italian press.

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone warned earlier this year that the existing Italian grand prix contract, running only until 2016, is a commercial “disaster”.

And now, more bad news for Monza has emerged from the government, Italian newspapers including La Stampa reveal.

It is about the so-called ‘legge di stabilita’, or stability law, in which a decision of the senate has made the collapse of the Italian grand prix beyond 2016 reportedly more likely.

Reports said an amendment of the law allowing a tax exemption to the tune of about EUR 20 million has been ruled out.

Politician Fabrizio Sala is quoted as saying: “The stability law penalises Monza and its Autodrome, putting at risk the future of the formula one grand prix”.

But former F1 driver Ivan Capelli, who this year became a director of the automobile club of Milan, vowed to fight for the Italian grand prix.

“Our commitment to find the resources needed is clear,” he insisted. (GMM)

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2019 F115 hours ago

Ferrari F1 launch the SF90 for 2019 F1 season

The championship bidder Ferrari unveiled their 2019 F1 car, the SF90. In a launch event at the Ferrari HQ, the...

2019 F119 hours ago

Formula E boss not ruling out F1 merger

Alejandro Agag, the boss of Formula E, is not ruling out a “long term” merger with formula one. Once dismissed...

2019 F119 hours ago

F1 will not scrap Friday practice

F1 is not about to scrap Friday practice. That is the claim of Francois Dumontier, boss of the Canadian grand...

2019 F120 hours ago

Alonso is de-facto reserve driver – Brown

Fernando Alonso might be regarded as a de-facto “reserve driver” at McLaren this year. That is the news from team...

2019 F120 hours ago

Stroll aims to avoid war of words with Williams

Lance Stroll has hit back after his former boss accused him recently of arriving in F1 “too early”. Stroll, now...

2019 F120 hours ago

Lack of partner team no problem for Renault – Prost

Alain Prost says Renault is not missing out by not having a ‘junior’ partner team. Red Bull and Toro Rosso...

2019 F120 hours ago

New Alfa Romeo has revolutionary front wing

Sauber’s Alfa Romeo-branded new car for 2019 turned heads when it hit the Fiorano circuit for a shakedown on Thursday....

2019 F11 day ago

Kimi Raikkonen debuts 2019 Alfa Romeo Racing F1 car

Alfa Romeo Racing’s 2019 F1 car hits the track for the first time at Italy. These first images from Fiorano...

2019 F11 day ago

McLaren launches its 2019 F1 car MCL34

McLaren has launched its 2019 F1 car, the Renault-powered MCL34, at a launch event in team factory base at Woking....

2019 F12 days ago

He does not fear Daniel Ricciardo – Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg says he does not fear Daniel Ricciardo. The pair’s Renault boss, Cyril Abiteboul, says 31-year-old Hulkenberg is “enormously...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media