Connect with us

Uncategorized

2013 Force India a total redesign

Published

on

(Force India Press Release) Sahara Force India unveiled its 2013 challenger today as Paul Di Resta pulled the covers off the VJM06 at Silverstone circuit.

The VJM06 is the third car to be overseen by Technical Director, Andrew Green, and builds on the strengths of the 2012 car. With stable technical rules the car is more evolution than revolution with the removal of the ‘step’ nose being the most obvious visual change.

“The VJM06 doesn’t look massively different to its predecessor, but beneath the skin we’ve looked at every detail to try and find more performance,” says Team Principal, Dr Vijay Mallya. “I’ve followed the development of the car closely and I’m proud of what we have achieved. The objective now is to make sure we build on the promise of last year and have a strong start to the season.”

Summing up the approach to the design of the VJM06, Andrew Green said: “It’s a brand new car from the ground-up – everything is new. We discussed carrying over big chunks of last year’s car, including the chassis, but decided not to. There were still some gains to be had with the chassis, so we elected to take the performance benefits. The biggest change that everybody is going to notice this year is the fairing on top of the nose to hide the ‘step’. It’s neutral as far as the car’s performance is concerned but tidies up the flow over the top of the chassis.”

Chief Operating Officer, Otmar Szafnauer, praised the team’s efforts over the winter to develop the VJM06: “We’re very optimistic. We’ve been working hard over the winter, trying to make improvements where we know we can find performance. Everything has come together very nicely. We’ve also focussed on operational strength by bolstering our simulator programme and increasing our CFD capacity with new hardware.”

Paul Di Resta, half of the team’s 2013 line-up, was delighted to see his new car: “Seeing the car built and complete for the first time is a special feeling. I’ve followed its progress in the tunnel and it looks very impressive – aggressive and fast. Now I’m just eager to get out there and see where we stand compared to our competitors. After the winter I feel refreshed and keen to get back to business.”

The Sahara Force India cars will be powered by Mercedes engines with the gearbox supplied by McLaren Applied Technologies for a fifth season. This will be the third season with the Mercedes KERS.


http://www.formula1onlive.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F112 hours ago

Preview for the Belgium GP

On Sunday 26th August some of the best Forumla 1 racers in the world will take to the Belgium Spa...

2018 F11 day ago

Gasly to replace Ricciardo at Red Bull for 2019 F1

French speedy Pierre Gasly will replace the leaving Daniel Ricciardo at Red Bull for 2019 F1 season, the Formula 1...

2018 F11 day ago

Villeneuve urges Ferrari to retain Raikkonen

It was recently announced that Kimi Raikkonen will be spending another year at Ferrari, however, alongside Sebastian Vettel. It’s a...

2018 F15 days ago

McLaren confirms Sainz to replace Alonso in 2019 F1

McLaren Racing today confirms that Carlos Sainz will race for the team in Formula 1 from the 2019 FIA Formula...

2018 F11 week ago

Alonso will not race F1 in 2019

Marking 14th August as a day he would make an announcement on twitter, Fernando Alonso announced that he won’t be...

2018 F11 week ago

Ricciardo is not happy with Verstappen, It’s a risk – Massa

Felipe Massa says he can understand why Daniel Ricciardo decided to quit Red Bull. Ricciardo, one of F1’s top drivers,...

2018 F11 week ago

Stroll leads Force India rescue deal

Force India has been rescued by a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll, the billionaire father of Williams driver Lance Stroll....

2018 F12 weeks ago

Giovinazzi targeting 2019 Sauber race seat

Antonio Giovinazzi admits he has an eye on a Sauber seat for 2019. Ferrari’s other protege, Charles Leclerc, is linked...

2018 F12 weeks ago

Stroll should leave Williams now – Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve thinks Canadian countryman Lance Stroll should leave Williams immediately. Stroll’s billionaire father Lawrence is leading the consortium that...

2018 F12 weeks ago

Alonso could leave F1 for 2019 Indycar – McLaren boss

Zak Brown has admitted it is possible Fernando Alonso will leave McLaren and F1 for the Indycar series in 2019....




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media