Connect with us

Latest F1 News

Ferrari cancelled Fiorano launch of 2012 F1 car

Published

on

(GMM) Ferrari has cancelled the launch of its 2012 car. The famous Italian team had already said the scheduled track debut of the new single seater on Friday appeared unlikely, due to heavy snowfall at Maranello.

Work, however, had continued on the structures for the official launch of the car at the Fiorano test circuit.

In the meantime, the snow has continued to fall.

“Therefore, the decision has been taken to cancel the presentation ceremony for the new car, which was to have taken place at 10.30 tomorrow,” said Ferrari on Thursday.

“The decision was taken because of the weather conditions and because of the difficulties that would have faced the 300 or so people due to attend from the team partners, the authorities and representatives of the media in their attempts to get to Maranello,” the team added in a statement.

Ferrari will instead reveal photos, technical information and interviews on its website.

Comments

Latest Results




Latest F1 News

2018 F14 hours ago

Force India to launch 2019 car in Canada

Force India has become the second F1 team to announce a reveal date for its 2019 car. Ferrari boss Maurizio...

2018 F15 hours ago

“it was a difficult experience, but it made me stronger,”- Sirotkin

Sergey Sirotkin says his aim is to return to formula one in 2020. The Russian has been replaced at Williams...

2018 F15 hours ago

McLaren success is ‘long term’ aim – Sainz

Carlos Sainz says McLaren is aiming for success only in the medium to long term. The Spaniard says he is...

2018 F15 hours ago

Silverstone proposes new F1 deal for 2020

Silverstone has stepped up its bid to remain on the F1 calendar. Last year, amid growing losses, the circuit-owning British...

2018 F11 day ago

Berger tips Mick Schumacher for Ferrari seat

F1 legend Gerhard Berger thinks Michael Schumacher’s son is on the road to a career at Ferrari. Currently, rumours are...

2018 F11 day ago

Vettel no fan of electric cars

Sebastian Vettel says he is no fan of the trend towards electrically powered cars. The new Formula E season has...

2018 F11 day ago

Canada GP not in danger – promoter

The future of the Canadian grand prix is not in danger. That is the view of Montreal race promoter Francois...

2018 F11 day ago

Team incidents hurt Ferrari in 2018 – boss

Maurizio Arrivabene thinks a series of incidents hurt Ferrari’s charge for the 2018 title. Some think the biggest problem with...

2018 F14 days ago

Ferrari to reveal 2019 car on February 15

Ferrari will reveal its 2019 challenger on February 15, team boss Maurizio Arrivabene said on Thursday. The Italian attended an...

2018 F15 days ago

F1 teams worried about Brexit crisis

F1 teams admit they are worried about the Brexit crisis that is occurring in Britain. After British people voted in...




Most Popular

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment.

References
We could use the following leading F1 news sources for stories: SkyF1, BBC F1, Autosport, ESPN F1, FIA Media Center, MotorSport, JamesAllen and others leading authors blog.

All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media