F1 top news

Vettel reprimanded after Monaco qualifying

Championship leader Sebastian Vettel received a warning from race control for crossing the white line at the pit-lane exit during final Qualifying Q3 for Monaco GP.

“The Stewards received a report from the Race Director, Charlie Whiting that Car 5 crossed the Pit Exit Line. Upon investigation the stewards confirmed that Sebastian Vettel was in Breach of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations and of Appendix L Chapter IV, Article 5 of the FIA International Sporting Code, and was given his first reprimand of the 2017 Season.”

Ferrari will start the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday with Kimi Raikkonen in pole position and his team-mate Sebastian Vettel next to him. Kimi’s performance through the weekend so far, giving him his 17th pole position in F1. Sebastian’s lap was only slightly less perfect, with a gap of just over 4 hundredths of a second to his team-mate at the finish line.
“I am not happy with myself because pole position was up for grabs, but it’s great for the team.” said Vettel after the session. “If I had to give up pole position and hand it to someone, I would choose Kimi. I am happy for him. He did a very good job in qualifying. As I said, it’s been fantastic for the team, but I am not totally happy with my performance today. I should have done a better job overall.”

“The car was good, so it was my mistake. I was a bit too greedy in my last run. Now it is impossible to make predictions for tomorrow, all we have to think about is the start, the pace, the strategy, and then try to put everything together. So, we are going to prepare for the race as usual”.

The Iceman has a good chance of securing a 21st race win and his first since 2013 when he drove for Lotus at the season-opening Australian GP.

Raikkonen is fourth in the championship but 55 points behind Vettel. He dismissed any talk that he might receive team orders in order to make way for Vettel, who has 44 career wins.

“I don’t know why everyone thinks it will be different tomorrow than the last two years,” Raikkonen said. “Just trying to make a stupid story or something. It’s going to be a long, difficult race.”

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top