Canada looks to have secured its place on the 2017 calendar.
Until now, the popular Montreal race had been in doubt over delayed circuit improvement promises.
But the city’s mayor Denis Coderre tweeted in French on Tuesday: “Agreement in principle with (F1) and (race organiser) Octane.
“There will be a grand prix of Canada in 2017.”
And the French-language Quebec newspaper La Presse said tickets for the June race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve will finally go on sale on Thursday.
The report said: “The announcement comes a week before the publication of the final 2017 calendar by the World Motor Sport Council.”