Bernie Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone clarifies Singapore GP comments

Ecclestone clarifies Singapore GP comments

Ecclestone clarifies Singapore GP comments

Bernie Ecclestone on Monday said he is working to keep F1 in Singapore.

Earlier, the F1 supremo had been quoted by a German magazine as revealing that because the city-state had reached its objections with the spectacular night race, it no longer wanted to be on the calendar.

But Ecclestone told the Straits Times: “Everybody is happy to be in Singapore and (we) don’t want to lose Singapore.”

As for the controversial quote with Auto Motor und Sport, the 86-year-old Briton said: “My words were taken in a funny way. What I said was simple — no decision has been taken yet.

“Negotiations are ongoing and will be sorted out shortly — before the end of the year, I’m sure. We want to extend long-term. We’ll see what happens.”

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top