2016 F1

Ocon could gets FP1 outing in 2016

Ocon could gets FP1 outing in 2016

Ocon could gets FP1 outing in 2016

Esteban Ocon may get some Friday practice outings in 2016.

‘On loan’ to Renault after re-signing with Mercedes’ driver development scheme late last year, the 19-year-old reigning GP3 champion will be the official third driver in 2016.

And the Frenchman could get some free practice outings in the new Renault in 2016, managing director Cyril Abiteboul admitted.

“I cannot go into details but I confirm that,” he said.

Having signed with Mercedes, Ocon admitted he was surprised when the Renault opportunity emerged “very quickly” in the last couple of weeks.

“I am really excited and I think it shows,” he smiled.

“Yes I am a Mercedes driver, it is they who run my career, but I am very happy they have reached an agreement with Renault so I can seize this opportunity,” Ocon added.

“I do not know what my programme with the team will be exactly, but I know that I will be at all of the races and technical briefings.

“I will be ready if I am asked to go onto the track,” he said.

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top