Earlier in the race weekend, it was suggested that Alonso could take a season out of F1 if McLaren and Honda were unable to provide him a competitive car for next year.
McLaren chief Ron Dennis fueled that speculation after saying on Saturday that he had discussed with Alonso the option of taking a year off.
Double-time world champion finished the season with just 11 points to his name, and faced a another tough race at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, where he was given a drive-through penalty for causing a collision at the turn one in a decision he slammed following the race as symptomatic of the sport’s problems.
“Goodbye to 2015 because it has been a very tough year for us, very difficult and the performance has been quite poor,” Alonso said.
“I will be racing, 100 percent. If I had to choose a sabbatical year, I would choose this one!”
The Spaniard said the incident had been generated following contact with Sauber rival Felipe Nasr.
“The FIA should look at a lot of other categories like MotoGP or World Endurance Championship, at how successful they are and how consistent they are with the penalties, and we need to make some common sense,” Alonso said. “F1 asks itself about the sounds of the cars, and why they have less and less spectators, but these things … they need to have a little bit more sense.”