2016 F1

I did not say Ferrari – Carlos Sainz

I did not say Ferrari - Carlos Sainz

I did not say Ferrari – Carlos Sainz

Carlos Sainz has denied prematurely announcing Toro Rosso’s new 2015-spec Ferrari engine deal for next season.

Earlier in Abu Dhabi, the Spanish driver reportedly told the Movistar broadcaster that “it is a relief that this is our last race with Renault”.

“I believe we will have more power with Ferrari next year, and also better reliability.”

But the Toro Rosso driver says he was misquoted.

“I did not say Ferrari — I did not mention that word. I only said that I hope to get a more powerful engine in the coming year,” Sainz said on Friday.

On Friday, the 21-year-old struck even more Renault engine trouble during practice, having only just bemoaned getting the lion’s share of the bad luck this year at the Faenza team.

“I prefer not to say anything,” he told the television broadcaster Mega after his latest breakdown, “because the situation is getting desperate.

“We have had so many problems,” Sainz added.

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top