2015 F1

Hamilton crashed EUR 2m Pagani Zonda supercar

Hamilton crashed EUR 2m Pagani Zonda supercar

Hamilton crashed EUR 2m Pagani Zonda supercar

The car Lewis Hamilton crashed in Monaco early on Tuesday morning was his EUR 2 million, purple Pagani Zonda supercar.

That is the claim of Germany’s Bild newspaper, after the triple world champion admitted a fever was not the only reason he travelled late to the scene of this weekend’s Brazilian grand prix.

No one was hurt in the crash, but 30-year-old Hamilton admitted he struck a stationary car. It is believed the crash occurred just before 3.30am local time.

“He reported it to the police immediately,” a Mercedes team spokesman said.

Bild said Hamilton’s Zonda has a V12, 760hp AMG engine, capable of 350kph.

Today morning, Hamilton has admitted he is travelling to Brazil late after a road car crash in Monaco earlier this week.

The revelation follows Mercedes having told the world’s media on Wednesday that the triple world champion was absent in Sao Paulo so far due to a “fever”.

Earlier, however, organisers of a press conference that had to be cancelled said Hamilton had cited “personal reasons”.

Now, the triple world champion has told his 2 million followers on Twitter that he made “very light contact” with a stationary car in Monaco.

“I’ve not been well with a fever but I also had a road accident in Monaco on Monday night,” Hamilton said. “Nobody was hurt, which is the most important thing.

“Talking with the team and my doctor, we decided together that it was best for me to rest at home and leave a day later. But I am feeling better and am currently boarding the plane to Brazil.

“However, I am informing you because I feel we all must take responsibility for our actions. Mistakes happen to us all but what’s important is that we learn from them and grow,” he added.

“Whilst ultimately it is nobody’s business, there are people knowing my position that will try to take advantage of the situation and make a quick buck,” said Hamilton.

Facebook Comments
7 Comments

7 Comments

1. Charles Clemen

2015/11/14 at 6:52 am

Your RED La Ferarri must be the better car.Why drive around in this CRAPPY PURPLE CRAP.

2. Scott

2015/11/14 at 6:20 am

“Haters gunna hate, hate, hate….” TSwift
    The guy is number 1 in motorsports elite category, he is allowed to do his thing and make stuff ups like everyone else on earth does. Tall Poppy syndrome is alive and well in F1

3. McSerb

2015/11/12 at 10:09 pm

Imagine the bill for repairs ! Man am I glad I don`t own a Pagani Zonda !

4. Ron Mollineaux

2015/11/12 at 9:36 pm

If it were NICO he would have totaled it!!!

5. Adam22

2015/11/12 at 8:03 pm

It must have been nico rosberg’s van in front of him.

6. 92gsr

2015/11/12 at 6:51 pm

He thought the car was trying to overtake on the outside.

7. Richard Piers

2015/11/12 at 5:03 pm

Always suspected the best remedy for a “fever” a few days before a race meeting where I was to be paid about 2 million Euros to entertain the masses was to drive around at 3.30 in the morning in my dinky toy.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com