2015 F1

Bottas’ manager confirms he return to action this weekend in Malaysian GP

jdfone14e
Valtteri Bottas’ manager on Tuesday said he expects the Finn to return to action this weekend in Malaysia.

After sitting out Melbourne with his injured lower back and recovering in Indonesia last week, the 25-year-old Finn arrived in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday.

He will be at the Sepang circuit on Wednesday.

It emerges, however, that Williams has engine partner Mercedes’ reserve driver Pascal Wehrlein on standby, should Bottas not be declared fit to race.

“We’re fully supportive of Valtteri’s determination to race in Malaysia,” said the Grove team, “but he will need final approval from the FIA medics on Thursday.”

Bottas’ manager, Didier Coton, is confident.

“Valtteri is in very good shape,” he told the BBC.

“He will have to take the FIA medical, which I expect him to pass. I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t pass it — he tells me he is back to normal.” (GMM)

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top