2015 F1

Sauber appeals van der Garde ruling

051000-ba4e467c-c600-11e4-a9e5-a9e708e30fd1
Sauber is appealing a Melbourne court’s ruling that Giedo van der Garde should race for the Swiss team this weekend.

Earlier on Wednesday, a supreme court judge sided with the Dutchman after he was replaced despite having a valid 2015 contract.

“I reject the arguments advanced by the respondent (Sauber) and the other drivers (Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr),” said Justice Croft.

He said van der Garde’s right to contest the Australian grand prix will be “enforced”.

Sauber had argued in court that it did not have enough time to safely adjust Nasr or Ericsson’s car to accommodate van der Garde.

“What we cannot do is jeopardise the safety of our team, or any other driver on the track”, team boss and co-owner Monisha Kaltenborn, who is also a lawyer, said in a media statement.

Sauber has therefore appealed the decision, with a new hearing scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. (GMM)

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top