F1 2015 Barcelona Testing

McLaren not ‘covering up’ Alonso crash truth – Mercedes chief

Fernando-Alonso-McLaren-barcelona-crash
Toto Wolff on Monday sided with McLaren-Honda amid the ongoing saga surrounding Fernando Alonso’s crash and recovery.

The Mercedes chief said he does not believe the conspiracy theories that suggest McLaren is “covering up” what happened on February 22 and beyond.

“And the FIA has its eye on it,” Wolff told the Austrian broadcaster ORF.

“If there had been anything that the teams need to know, we would have been told,” he insisted.

Wolff said it is not right to assume that because Alonso’s accident was apparently not violent, it must mean there is more to the story.

“It often happens that unspectacular accidents have health consequences,” he said.

“He had a concussion and now he needs to look after himself. So instead of travelling halfway around the world maybe that makes more sense than to drive a car that may not be competitive in the first race anyway,” added Wolff. (GMM)

Facebook Comments
Loading...
1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top