MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS began the second test of the 2015 season today at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with Lewis Hamilton at the wheel of the F1 W06 Hybrid in the morning and Pascal Wehrlein taking the reins in the afternoon.
- Lewis emerged for his first run at precisely 09:00 CET, completing 10 laps before being forced to sit out the remainder of the day with a fever
- The F1 W06 Hybrid remained parked until just before lunch as the crew made the necessary adjustments to accommodate Reserve Driver Pascal Wehrlein
- Pascal completed 47 laps for the Silver Arrows during the afternoon, bringing the day’s total to 57
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 1,294 km
- Nico Rosberg is scheduled to take the wheel of the F1 W06 Hybrid tomorrow for the second day of the test
Today was a really good day in my career. I was quite surprised in the morning when I got the information that I would be driving the Mercedes in the afternoon. But I am here and I want to drive, so I am ready for any opportunity. To drive two Formula One cars in one day was amazing, so I’m very happy. We lost a bit of time in the garage which was a shame as I would have liked to do some more laps. But the time I had I really enjoyed. Spending the morning with Force India, also, was a great experience. It’s a good team, everyone was really welcoming and after a few laps I felt very confident in the car. I will have another day with them this week so I am really looking forward to getting back out there again.