Marathon man Nico Rosberg racks up the miles once again in Spain
MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS continued its 2015 winter testing programme today at the Circuito de Jerez, with Nico Rosberg taking the wheel of the F1 W06 Hybrid for the third day of pre-season testing. Nico’s best time of 1:21.982 from 151 laps put him third on the time sheets.
- Today’s programme comprised long runs and practice pit stops
- Nico emerged for his first run at precisely 09:00 CET, completing 93 laps before lunch and a further 58 in the afternoon
- Running was briefly interrupted after the F1 W06 Hybrid was brought to a halt by an engine cut at Turn 10 just before 13:00 CET
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 1408.104 km between the three teams present
- Lewis Hamilton will take the wheel for the fourth and final day of running tomorrow in Jerez
Nico Rosberg: Reliability was our main issue over the last year, so our goal for 2015 is to sort this out. That is why I can be happy with my first pre-season test as I did a lot of mileage on both days. A big thank you to the team for a reliable Silver Arrow so far.
They did a really good job over the winter. Performance wise I don’t know where we are but the Ferrari times look very encouraging for them, so it will be an interesting year for Formula One, I guess. However, I recently heard about the discussions concerning the German Grand Prix and it’s really sad for me and the German fans to hear that nothing is confirmed yet for 2015.
For as long as I can remember, the German Grand Prix was part of the Formula One World Championship, so I really hope our Grand Prix will be held this year and beyond that. The fans deserve to have a great show every year because there are so many great supporters out there. Also there is plenty of Germany in F1, with us German drivers like Sebastian, Hulk and myself, plus of course Mercedes-Benz. So I really hope that Bernie and the promoters find a good solution for everybody.