Positive start for MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS at opening pre-season test of 2015 season in Spain
MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS began its 2015 winter testing programme today at the Circuito de Jerez, with Nico Rosberg taking the wheel of the F1 W06 Hybrid for the opening day of pre-season testing. Nico’s best time of 1:23.106 from 157 laps put him third on the time sheets.
- Today’s programme comprised long runs and practice pit stops
- Nico emerged for his first run at precisely 09:00 CET, completing 60 laps before lunch and a further 97 in the afternoon
- The F1 W06 Hybrid ran trouble-free throughout the day
- Mercedes-Benz Power Units today completed a total of 1018.44 km between the two teams present
- Lewis Hamilton will take the wheel for the second of four days running tomorrow in Jerez
That was a great start to the winter testing. In the beginning it’s all about reliability and we managed to do a lot of mileage today. The guys in the factories built a complete new car and now we come here and it’s working great, so the team did a fantastic job over the winter. I was able to do some good long runs on the first day and that’s really amazing. We have such a great team and this is what makes me really happy. As a driver, you always want to find out how quick you are compared to the others – but that will have to wait until qualifying in Melbourne. The next testing days are all about making sure we know the car inside out and we’ve made a good start with that today.