2015 F1

Hulkenberg to race F1 and Le Mans next year

Hulkenberg to race F1 and Le Mans next year
German driver Nico Hulkenberg will race in next year’s Le Mans 24 Hours sportscar race with Porsche as well as Formula One with Force India, the German manufacturer said in a statement on Thursday.

The 27-year-old, who will also race in the Spa six hours in May, will be the first active F1 driver to enter the endurance classic since Le Mans local Sebastien Bourdais did so with Peugeot in 2009.

“Porsche and Le Mans – this combination probably attracts every race driver,” said Hulkenberg. “I’ve been a Porsche fan for a long time and have been watching their return to the LMP1 class closely.”

Australian Mark Webber, who left Formula One last year after seven years with Red Bull, raced for Porsche at Le Mans this year and is competing with them in the world endurance championship.

The governing FIA has an agreement with Formula One’s commercial rights holder that no races will clash with Le Mans, which is on June 13/14 next year. (GMM)

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top