Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, has revised its planned restrictions on pit-to-car radio and pit board messages ahead of this weekend’s 2014 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix.
Messages not permitted (by radio or pit board)
– Driving lines on the circuit.
– Contact with kerbs.
– Car set up parameters for specific corners.
– Comparative or absolute sector time detail of another driver.
– Speeds in corners compared to another driver.
– Gear selection compared with another driver.
– Gear selection in general.
– Braking points.
– Rate of braking compared to another driver.
– Rate of braking or application of brakes in general.
– Car stability under braking.
– Throttle application compared to another driver.
– Throttle application in general.
– Use of DRS compared with another driver.
– Use of any overtake button.
– Driving technique in general.