Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel on Thursday batted away the most recent ‘silly season’ speculation.
Earlier this week, Italy’s Sky had triggered rumours the Ferrari and Red Bull drivers could be about to complete a sensational cockpit swap for 2015.
Spaniard Alonso said the fact the speculation originated in Italy, where fabled Italy is based, is “sad”.
“Sometimes it’s sad when it comes from Italy and they create for some strange purpose these rumours, which are not helping Ferrari,” he said in Singapore.
Earlier, Vettel had immediately denied the speculation, and he repeated the news on Thursday.
“As I’ve often tried to explain, I drive for Red Bull,” said the reigning world champion.
“I have a contract, it has not changed,” Vettel was quoted by the German news agency SID.
Not only that, the German says he has a “very special” bond with his energy drink-making employer as the partnership dates back “since I was twelve”.
“Since I have worn the Red Bull helmet,” Vettel added.
“I have a very, very strong connection to Red Bull and nothing has changed — and it does not look as though anything will change.” (GMM)