Caterham F1 News

Caterham announces Charles Pic leaves from team

12442197972103899078Caterham F1 team principal, Cyril Abiteboul, confirmed that the exit of Charles Pic. The French man did not flying for the 2014 F1 season.

“Unfortunately Charles won’t be with us next season. It’s a pity that the adventure between Caterham and Charles is ending. On a personal level I want to thank Charles for the work he achieved last year,” Abiteboul told French television, Infosport+.

Abiteboul said that Pic, who has not scored a point in two seasons, “has some talent which can develop in a more important, mature team.”

In two seasons, Pic competed in 38 Grand Prix, with his best finish a 12th in Brazil in 2012 with Marussia.

Japan’s Kamui Kobayashi, formerly of Sauber, who did not have a drive last season, is favourite to replace Pic. Caterham are the only F1 team still to confirm their line-up for the new season, but an official announcement is expected on Tuesday morning.

Facebook Comments
Loading...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ThisisF1.com is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organizations The website is an unofficial website, all names and logos used here are property of their respective owners, more specially FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, GRAND PRIX and logos and the wide Curves logo are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One Group Company. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com

Copyright © 2015 Thisisf1.com

To Top