Lotus F1 team confirmed that, their new machine E22 has passed the FIA homologation tests. Early the Enstone based squad decided that, skip first pre-season test.
The E22 possibly make its debut at Bahrain test in February, Lotus will compete with modified line-up of Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado in this season.
FIA homologation regulations for chassis:
•master and carry out the design of the chassis-frame and of the main safety accessories (the knuckles, the pedals & the steering column) and define the manufacturing operations and range
• have disposal of a sufficient research department
• hold the patent rights of the chassis-frame, of its components and of the main safety accessories (the knuckles, the pedals & the steering column)
• carry out in his factories the assembly and welding operations necessary to build the chassis-frame and the main safety accessories (the knuckles, the pedals & the steering column)
• take care of the control operations required to guarantee the respect of the homologation parameters;
• carry out the control operations regarding the materials and safety sub-systems (the tubes, the knuckles, the pedals, the steering column and the rear axle).
The Manufacturer may fit the following elements without designing them himself; however, they must be homologated by the CIKFIA: bodywork, front and side bumpers, braking system