Friday afternoon the Hinwil-based F1 outfit confirmed that Adrian Sutil to join the team drive for the 2014 F1 season.
The German makes move crossways from Force India, following Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez confirmed for next F1 campaign.
Sutil disappeared from the sport in 2012, following he returned with the aforesaid Force India this season.
This season Force India replaces their complete line-up, and they opt former speedy Nico Hülkenberg and ex-McLaren guy Sergio Pérez.
“Although I have known for a while where I wanted to go, in the end the negotiations took a bit longer than planned,” said Sutil.
“However, now I will have all the more reason to celebrate during the Christmas season.
“I’ve been in contact with [Sauber team boss] Monisha [Kaltenborn] for a while and she always gave me the feeling my qualities are valued. After six good years driving for Force India, with a lot of highlights, it’s now time to embark on a new challenge. I am determined to do my part in order to have a successful future with Sauber.
“The [team’s] long and successful tradition in motorsport, combined with an impressive factory and one of the best wind tunnels in Formula 1, have been fascinating me for a long time.”
Sauber F1 team Principal Monisha Kaltenborn: “We are pleased that we were able to sign Adrian, particularly as we have been wanting to work together with him for a while,”
“Adrian had already visited the factory at the end of September to have a look at the infrastructure. He is not only very fast, but also brings a lot of experience, which is very important looking at the new regulations for next year.
“We welcome Adrian to the team and look forward to a successful collaboration.” said Kaltenborn.