Turkish Grand Prix organizers said that, they are come back to the 2013 Formula 1 calendar, on the government making money available, following favorable terms with Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone.
Wednesday FIA announced that unknown European race had been scheduled in for July 21, matter to the contract of national bodies, now 20 races added for next season.
The Turkish Grand Prix race circuit Istanbul Park formerly hosted an Formula 1 races from 2005- 2011, dropped after a disagreement over hosting fees. Recently Turkish Automobile Sports Federation (TOSFED) was tipped for a return to the calendar on Wednesday.
“We in TOSFED are making every effort so that Formula One races, which have been held seven times in our country until now, can be held at our Istanbul Park track…(in 2013) and in future years,” chairman Demire Berberoglu said in a statement.
“Everybody knows that what is needed for its presence in the Formula One race calendar for 2013 and following years is a guarantee and approval of the required budget at the government level,” said Berberoglu.
“This will develop according to the prime minister’s decision.”