Robert Kubica told Autosprint magazine, he will come-back to Formula 1 in 2014 season, its hints he need one more season to recovered from 2011 Italian crash injury.
Last month the Polish driver set top podium finish in Italian domestic rally and Kubica wins again last Sunday in the international Rally Citta di Bassano.
“The path towards recovery of the functionality of the arm injured in the Andora crash is still demanding, but in the meantime competing in rallies is good for me,” Autosport report that Kubica told Autosprint magazine.
“It’s a sort of active rehabilitation that isn’t just physical. Competing also helps me mentally and gives me morale, and winning is also a good medicine.”
“I want to carry on gradually, step by step, also because I don’t know the timing of my possible full recovery. If I think of my future I see it 70 per cent on track and 30 per cent in rallying. He added.
“In the meantime I’m working with a view at facing a full championship at the highest possible level, in 2013 already, in order to hopefully be OK in 2014.
“Talking about the [F1] world championship now is premature; I’m practically starting from scratch after the crash one and a half years ago. Meanwhile, I’m enjoying the taste of an important victory.”
“Rallies are useful in order to manage tension and adrenaline, while on the track focus is a lot more important, this is why I will alternate the two fields and I’m also planning a series of on-track tests with, at the moment, closed-wheel cars.”