Uncategorized

Mixed reaction in Force India with eighth and DNF at Monza

After Monza qualifying the Force India expects better points finish in Sunday afternoon. But fully loaded Force India machine was not able to fight with their main rival Sauber.

Paul di Resta starts from ninth on the grid but he only settled for eighth place. Qualifying Saturday the Scott took fourth fastest but his gear-box change cost his second row for race. Force India early struggled with full fuel load and medium compound.

The four points of his eighth place runs Di Resta’s team, but, to Williams, what he clearly sees as a little bit positive, but he fed them the main competitor Sauber has scored so well.

“Coming into this weekend I probably would have settled for eighth place, but when you consider the pace we showed in qualifying yesterday, we certainly had high hopes for the race. I struggled at the start with the heavy fuel load and didn’t really have the race pace on the medium tyres. Things improved after my stop when I was running the hard compound and our pace was much stronger towards the end of the race.” di Resta said.

“But there was no way I could keep the Mercedes behind me and with their two-stop strategy they had a bit more speed than us. It’s good to extend our lead over Williams with a few more points, but obviously Sauber look strong and outperformed a lot of people. We will take the positives from the weekend, analyze things and try and improve our race pace in time for Singapore.”

Belgian GP fourth place holder Nico Hulkenberg retires from the race due to mechanical issue. Following he had already fell unpleased in qualifying and consequently last in the race had begun.

“It’s always frustrating to start right at the back and I knew it was going to be difficult to come through the pack – even with a quick car. I had a few good fights in the race – so from that point of view it was fun, but I was struggling with my brakes from lap one with a long pedal and I lost more performance as the race went on.” The German Hulkenberg said.

“Towards the end it became a safety concern so we decided to retire the car. It’s not been a particularly memorable weekend for me, but at least the team scored some points with the other car.”


http://www.formula1onlive.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Click to comment
If you want any editorial or advertisement enquiry, Please send mail to thisisf1site@gmail.com and Info@thisisf1.com


All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media

To Top