Jenson Button says that McLaren not try any massive updates in Mugello test and he is not expecting more benefits from Mugello tests for European entry.
Recently McLaren announced that they would be using British test duo Gary Paffett and Oliver Turvey across the three days in Italy, a strategy the team have used in the past.
“The reason why we’re not there is because we’ve never been to Mugello before,” he said.
“I don’t really think we will be a benefit because there aren’t any massive updates to try.
“For the test drivers to put some miles on parts and try some very extreme things, then I think it’s good, but it’s not necessary for us to be there.”
McLaren are so far the only team scheduled to run without both of their regular drivers in Mugello, with Lotus, Caterham, Williams and Force India all using test drivers for Tuesday’s opening day before drafting in their race drivers for the final two days.