Previously F1 teams says FIA to call off or reschedule 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix, F1 team member, who shall remain nameless however who said his views were spokesperson, told the Guardian: “I feel very uncomfortable about going to Bahrain. If I’m brutally frank, the only way they can pull this race off without incident is to have a complete military lockdown there. And I think that would be unacceptable, both for F1 and for Bahrain. But I don’t see any other way they can do it.”
Tuesday F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone told the BBC on Tuesday that none of the teams had raised any trouble with him.
“None of the teams have expressed any concern to me – quite the opposite,” Bernie said. “At this time now, there are no indications it won’t go ahead.
“It’s really not up to me to decide whether it should go ahead or not. It’s up to the people in Bahrain to decide. At this time, they [Bahrain] are not cancelling the event, so presumably they are happy.
“One of the teams sent a person over there recently – and I’ve spoken to them today actually – and they said everything’s perfect, there’s no problem. They’ve been to the circuit, they’ve been everywhere in Bahrain and they are very happy.
“We can’t force teams to take part. They would be in breach of contracts with us [F1] if they didn’t, but we would deal with that matter as a separate issue.”
And he added about the extend deal with Bahrain: “Maybe we wouldn’t renew it. We’ll have to look and see.”
All material and photos are copyrighted material and owned by their respective owners. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only.Images come courtesy of; ferrari.com, mclaren.com, Sahara forceindiaf1.com, redbull.com, mercedesgp.com, Caterham F1, toyota, Sauber, williamsf1, lotus, Marussia, HRT, Daylife.com, getty Images/LAT and AP Photos.