The Red BullRacing is preparing to duo Sebastian Vettel with Kimi Raikkonen in 2012 its claim German news website bild.de, below two days following Mark Webber unobserved team orders at the end of the British GP.
The bild.de describes the facts.
Kimi Raikkonen left 2009 Formula 1 goes, since rally for Citroen. There is the main sponsor – Red Bull, the Finn has a contract until the end of 2012 with the beverage manufacturer. As early as 2010 was Kimi-Vettel colleague in conversation with the bosses, but wanted to continue rallying. Now he has apparently changed his mind.
Red Bull sporting director Helmut Marko-engine two weeks ago told BILD: “2012 Webber will drive for us. But we have other options. I want to talk about it now. “
Webber himself with the resistance against the team orders on Sunday at Silverstone (“Stay behind Vettel” – but he passed gas) upset the boss. He has to report. Webber: “If they want to throw me out, I have to accept that.”
Young people like Daniel Ricciardo (22/HRT) or Sebastien Buemi (22/Toro Rosso) are not yet so far. Marko: “We need a second Winning driver to win the Constructors’ Championship. Brings a lot of money. “
McLaren’s world champion Lewis Hamilton (26), who himself had brought into play at Red Bull, was the top boss Dietrich Mateschitz a rejection: “The drive is definitely not for us.”
But chances are that Raikkonen! He recently confided to a Finnish journalist: “I never said that my Formula 1 career is over.”
And, Vettel and Raikkonen are friends. To the serious demand, whom he would like as a teammate, Vettel said recently: “Kimi.”