June.09 – The Sauber F1 driver Sergio Perez has got the medical clearance to compete in Canada after his huge Monaco GP qualifying session accident. The Mexican f1 rookie Perez had to sit out the Monaco GP following his violent qualifying crash, when he hit the chicane barriers side-on at speed following losing control of the way out of the tunnel.
He get concussion in the incident and had to pass medical tests in Montreal today before being given the green light by FIA medical delegate Jean Charles Piette to return to the cockpit from practice tomorrow morning.
“I just went to do the examination and all the tests again with the FIA, and everything was fine,” Perez said. “We gave them our results from the doctors and everything is fine to race again this weekend.”
“After Monaco I flew to Zurich to do one check-up with clinic there, and then went back to Mexico,” said Perez. “I had some days at home which was very positive for me, then went to do karting on Monday and Tuesday so was already okay.”
The Mexican added that he had already felt well enough to get back behind the wheel of a go-kart earlier this week.
All material and photos are copyrighted material and owned by their respective owners. Use or depiction of images or trademarks throughout this website is for illustrative and editorial purposes only.Images come courtesy of; ferrari.com, mclaren.com, forceindiaf1.com, redbull.com, mercedesgp.com, renaultf1.com, toyota, bmw-sauber, williamsf1, lotus, virgin, Daylife.com, getty Images/LAT and AP Photos.