Connect with us


Force India keep on technical boss until 2011



Force India will not lose its newly-selected technical director to bitter rivals Lotus until after the start of 2010 season. It was declared last week that Mark Smith, who only alternated the Sauber-bound James Key in February, will join Lotus along with two of his colleagues “at the end of his Force India notice period”.

But Silverstone based Force India’s boss and co-owner Vijay Mallya on Tuesday said the technical team “is still very much intact”.

“Mark will stay with us until April 2011 and we will, in due course, announce a structure that will take us to the next level of performance,” Vijay Mallya said. “I’m very comfortable with where we are as a team and where we are going.”

The Indian billionaire also played down the impact of Force India’s legal action against Lotus, Mike Gascoyne and the Italian wind tunnel Aerolab.

“The structure and any off track events are for me to worry about, so the team can get on with doing what they do best at the track,” he added.

Moreover on Tuesday, Mallya publicized that Vitantonio Liuzzi will switch to a different VJM03 chassis at this weekend’s Canadian GP. “Tonio will also revert back to the chassis used for the first four races as we continue to look into why he’s got the lack of grip,” he said.
Click to comment

2018 F1 Launch

F1 Testing Updates

Most Popular is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV, Formula One World Championship Ltd or any other organization or entity associated with the official Formula One governing organizations or their shareholders. Copyrighted material used under Fair Use/Fair Comment. All Rights Reserved © 2017 Prime Sport Media